Welcome! Here are this week’s recommended foundations. These grants will be for various types of organizations, so they may not always be a perfect fit for you. However, there will be some that are. We also offer customized grant research reports that offer grants researched specifically for your organization, provide you with all of the submission requirements, deadlines, and a researched recommended request amount so that you can put your best effort forward when you apply. Some of the deadlines may have passed, but you can keep this information for their next funding cycle.
Innovating Worthy Projects Foundation
Applicants are now invited to submit applications for the Innovating Worthy Projects Foundation’s 2020 Grant Program.
Innovating Worthy Projects Foundation was founded to provide financial Grants for structuring, developing or modifying special-needs children’s programs of organizations recognized as charities by the US Internal Revenue Service.
- If awarded funding, the applicant must complete a notarized Affidavit stating that there has not been, nor will there be, duplicate funding for any or all part or parts of the same project. Additionally, the applicant must file a final report, within sixty days of receiving the Grant, providing proof that the funding was used as provided in the Grant.
- The Foundation does not ordinarily fund salaries and professional fees, operating expenses or building programs. The Board of Trustees, in its sole discretion, determines which requests to approve and fund.
- Individual grants or grants to programs will be on a one-time basis. These grants will either supplement other funding obtained by the applicant or totally support a proposal. This will be decided by the Board of Trustees.
- The Foundation donates only to organizations and not to individuals.
- All applicant institutions must be qualified for exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and generally may not be “private foundations” as defined under Section 509(a) of the Code.
- An agency or entity applying for funding must state whether it is a member of any branch of the Federal, or any State, County or local Municipal government.
Love Beauty and Planet Project
Beauty brand, Love Beauty and Planet has officially launched The Love Beauty and Planet Project – a grants initiative awarding up to $100,000 to people and their projects that improve the wellbeing and health of our planet and the people on it by reducing carbon emissions, starting in the communities that need our help most.
Through the program (which runs through the end of the year), Love Beauty and Planet will be awarding grant allocations from $1,000 up to $20,000, supporting projects that improve recycling rates, reduce plastic waste, and/or sequester carbon emissions with particular attention to projects serving marginalized and underserved communities. Communities of color and low-income communities are disproportionately impacted by climate change, and to us, a more beautiful planet starts with one that is both clean and just.
Projects Eligible for Funding must:
- Provide direct carbon avoidance, reduction, or sequestration as the primary objective of the project.
- Fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Plastics; specifically taking action on the use of less plastic, better plastic (recycled plastic or plastic alternatives), or no plastic
- Waste; specifically waste reduction, recycling and infrastructure, landfill avoidance, circular design
- Emissions; specifically reducing, avoiding, and sequestering direct carbon emissions, including alternative/renewable energy projects (solar, wind, etc.) and reforestation
- Climate justice; specifically projects that work to address the disproportionate impact of climate change on communities of color and low income/underserved communities.
- Recipient must be located in the 50 United States/DC. Project must be located in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and it must be clear in the submission that the project is based in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
Projects eligible for funding may be:
- 501(c)3’s with an annual budget less than $500,000
- For-profit companies with an annual revenue less than $1M.
Elsa U. Pardee Foundation
The Elsa U. Pardee Foundation is inviting applications for its grant programme to funds research to investigators in United States non-profit institutions proposing research directed toward identifying new treatments or cures for cancer. The Foundation funds projects for a one year period which will allow establishment of capabilities of new cancer researchers, or new cancer approaches by established cancer researchers.
Elsa U. Pardee Foundation grants are devoted to cancer research with about $110.5 million given to over 300 different institutions across the United States since 1944. Initially, ongoing research programs at well-known cancer institute’s such as Memorial Sloan-Kettering took center stage.
The Elsa U. Pardee Foundation boldly broke tradition by considering their grant proposals and funding the most innovative approaches to conquering cancer – a practice which continues to set this Foundation apart. As the proposals grew more complex, the Foundation formed a Medical Committee of specialists to manage the process.
- Post-docs who are on the tenure track and have a tenured mentor are eligible.
- Priority is given to researchers at non-profit institutions in the United States who are new to the field of cancer research, or to established research investigators examining new approaches to cancer cure.
- By design, there are no limits set on the grant amount that can be requested. It must be reasonably and clearly supported by the scope of the project outlined in the application.
- Applications requesting more than 5% overhead are usually not considered.
- Papers verifying nonprofit status and relevant human subject and experimental animal treatment approvals from the recipient institution will be requested prior to project initiation.
- A final report summarizing financial expenditure and research achievement is required.