Welcome! Here are this week’s recommended foundations. These grants will be for various types of organizations, so they may not always be a perfect fit for you. However, there will be some that are. We also offer customized grant research reports that offer grants researched specifically for your organization, provide you with all of the submission requirements, deadlines, and a researched recommended request amount so that you can put your best effort forward when you apply.
Some of the deadlines may have passed, but you can keep this information for their next funding cycle.
Women’s Legacy Fund (WLF)
The Women’s Legacy Fund of the Montgomery County Community Foundation makes grants to local nonprofits with a mission to support women and/or their children in Montgomery County.
The Montgomery County Community Foundation (MCCF) builds bridges to support the future of Montgomery County.
- Projects that serve women and children in Montgomery County will be considered for Women’s Legacy Fund (WLF) grants.
- It is anticipated that organizations receiving a grant will use it in a one-year period from June 2021 to May 2022.
- Grant applications will be accepted from any new or existing nonprofit organization in Montgomery County.
- These organizations must be a tax-exempt organization whose purposes are described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
- Grant applications will also be accepted from local governmental entities, such as the three Montgomery County school corporations, for charitable purposes.
- If an organization has received funding from MCCF in the past, all post-grant reporting requirements must be current (not past- due) before an organization is eligible to submit a new request.
Deadline: March 26
For more information, visit WLF Grants.
2021 NextWorldNow’s Community Investments Grant Program
NextWorldNow holds that world communities can work together in an informed and personal way using technology and resources to improve the well-being of participants in each community.
- Civic Participation
- Effective Development
- Environmental Mediation – Water, Sanitation, Deforestation
- Health Care Access and Treatment
- Human Rights
- Peace and Human Security
- Smallholder Productivity and Food Security
- Sustainable Markets/Livelihood
- NextWorldNow Community Investments (NWN) works with individuals, communities, and other organizations to make this happen. They invite communities with project ideas to submit their requests for funding. They study the requests and make funding decisions.
- NextWorldNow welcomes scale-able partnerships with other organizations on joint projects. They invest in solutions built to last, looking beyond short term fixes to address long standing problems. NWN is a non profit private foundation with United States 501 (c) (3) status.
The First County Bank Foundation
The First County Bank Foundation is seeking applications for its Annual CommunityFirst Grant program.
Established in 2001 in honor of the Bank’s 150th anniversary, First County Bank Foundation was created to distribute funds annually to nonprofit organizations that support community and economic development, affordable housing, and programs that support educational enrichment for children and families. As a mutual bank with no shareholders, First County Bank considers grants made by the foundation a means of paying dividends back to the local communities it serves.
Their priority areas of focus for their programs:
- Boost community development
- Support Affordable Housing
- Provide educational enrichment
To be eligible, organizations must:
- Have nonprofit tax exempt status under section 501 © (3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Have programs located in Stamford, Norwalk, Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Westport, Fairfield, and neighboring communities of Bridgeport
- Have community support
- Address community needs
- Have measureable outcomes
- Demonstrates fiscal and administrative responsibility.
Deadline: March 31
For more information, visit First County Bank Foundation.