Welcome! Here are this week’s recommended foundations. These grants will be for various types of organizations, so they may not always be a perfect fit for you. However, there will be some that are. We also offer customized grant research reports that offer grants researched specifically for your organization, provide you with all of the submission requirements, deadlines, and a researched recommended request amount so that you can put your best effort forward when you apply.
This week’s focus is on Community Programs. Some of the deadlines may have passed, but you can keep this information for their next funding cycle.
BASF Corporation Corporate Donation Program
The BASF Corporation Corporate Donation Program supports nonprofit organizations in the United States in line with the company’s commitment to sustainable development. BASF strategically focuses its donations in areas that leverage the company’s expertise in science.
Specific interests include:
- science education;
- the environment;
- health and safety; and,
- efforts to improve the quality of life in communities.
Support is provided through cash, product, and in-kind donations, as well as the talents of employee volunteers.
Donations are not made to/for:
- U.S. nonprofit organizations or institutions not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code;
- partisan political organizations;
- organizations that discriminate by race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, age, or any other basis prohibited by law;
- faith-based organizations;
- sectarian organizations whose services are limited to members of any one group;
- fraternal organizations;
- individuals; or,
- organizations or persons soliciting by telephone only.
Sempra Energy Community Involvement Program
The Sempra Energy Community Involvement program aims to improve the quality of life of the communities where the company operates, including locations in the United States, Mexico, Chile, and Peru.
Areas of interest include:
- the environment;
- education and leadership development;
- emergency preparedness and safety;
- economic, community, and business development; and,
- employee giving and volunteerism.
Interested applicants may submit an interest form through the company’s website.
The Westerman Foundation
The Westerman Foundation provides support throughout the United States, primarily to Catholic organizations.
Grants are made in the following areas:
- Catholic education assistance;
- family strengthening;
- academic enrichment; and,
- community/youth empowerment and support.
Grants are generally not provided to/for:
- multi-year funding requests;
- requests for salaries;
- annual fundraising campaigns;
- professional conferences or symposia;
- competition expenses;
- politically oriented entities;
- motor vehicles;
- individuals or scholarships;
- capital campaigns;
- construction of new buildings; or,
- private foundations.